Check out A.D. and Conference Commissioner vacancies now open. Click on Resources in the top tool bar and then click on Job Postings.
- Summer Leadership Training Institute - July 8-10, 2014
- 30th Annual WADA Golf Outing - Wednesday, July 9, 2014 at Trappers Turn in Wisconsin Dells
- Annual Retired A.D. Golf Outing - September 16 at Evergreen Golf Course, Elkhorn
- 48th Annual WADA Conference - November 8-11, 2014, Kalahari Resort and Convention Center, Wisconsin Dells
Wednesday, April 9
Jersey’s, 301 Walnut Street, Spooner.
Doors open at 9:00 a.m. Meeting begins at 9:15 AM
Lunch off of the menu after the meeting
Wednesday, April 2
The Refuge, Antigo
Wednesday, April 11
CESA 4, West Salem
Thursday, April 10
5th Quarter, Little Chute
Meal -$10.00 Water/Soda $1
Tuesday, April 8
Dodger Bowl, Dodgeville, WI
Wednesday, April 9
Capn's Steakhouse, Fort Atkinson
11:30 AM Lunch/12:30 PM Meeting
Wednesday, April 2
Panos’ Banquet Hall, Brookfield
$20 Buffet Lunch/RSVP to Peggy Seegers-Braun
Summer/Fall Golf Outings
Looking forward to some great golfing opportunities? Well, there are two coming up! All athletic directors, current and retired are welcome to take part in the annual WADA Summer Golf Outing held on Wednesday, July 9 at the Kalahari’s Trappers Turn, Wisconsin Dells. Registration information coming soon will be found under the Golf Outing link in the left tool bar. Additionally, an annual fall golf outing is held for retired A.D.’s. The date this year is September 16 at the Evergreen Course in Elkhorn. Look for registration information coming in August from Scott Lindgren, CMAA and Retired A.D. Liaison.
WADA Strategic Plan
The WADA Strategic Plan was updated at the March WADA Board meeting. Please click on “Resources” in the top tool bar and “Strategic Plan” to view the plan that encompasses areas of operation, certification and professional development, special projects and programs, promotion and retention and finance, revenue and marketing.
WADA State Conference Grant Application
The WADA Board has developed a grant for first time attendees at the annual state conference held in November. To read more about the grant, please click on “Fall Conference” in the left hand tool bar.
WADA ANNOUNCES SUMMER LTI WORKSHOP COURSES
The WADA Summer LTI (Leadership Training Institute) courses are a part of the “Three Year Professional Development Plan” developed by Todd Sobrilsky, CMAA and WADA’s LTI State Coordinator. These courses assist state athletic directors by providing relevant and applicable information to the day-to-day administration of interscholastic sports programs. The summer courses, along with courses offered at the WADA November state conference, at the NIAAA national conference and at other times during the year offered through WADA’s “On the Road” series also provide the training required for the professional certification of Certified Athletic Administration (CAA) and Certified Master Athletic Administrator (CMAA).
The LTI courses offered this summer coincide with the Annual WADA Summer Golf Outing, July 9, 2014 at the Kalahari’s Trappers Turn in Wisconsin Dells. The Summer Leadership Training Institute will be held July 8-10, 2014 and are:
Tuesday, July 8 – 10:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- LTI 502 Athletic Administration Principles, Strategies and Methods
- LTI 506 Legal Issues II – Title IX, Sexual Harassment, ADA
- LTI 613 Technology II – Advanced Computer Application Skills
Tuesday, July 8 – 3:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- LTI 501 Philosophy, Leadership Organizations & Professional Programs
- LTI 504 Legal Issues I – Risk Management
- LTI 614 Technology III - Enhancing Public Presentations
Wednesday, July 9 – CAA Exam
- The CAA Exam will be offered on Wednesday, July 9 at 9:00 a.m. To register for the CAA exam, you are required to complete the form (by June 6, 2014) found on the WADA web site (www.wadawi.org) and return it to the NIAAA office with test registration form and fee.
Thursday, July 10 – 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. – PLEASE INDICATE COURSE CHOICE
- LTI 511 Athletic Administration: Concepts & Strategies for Interscholastic Budgeting and Financing using excel spreadsheets
- LTI 705 Athletic Administration: Coach Centered Educational Athletics – A Character Based Coach to Coach Mentoring Program
- LTI 710A Current Issues in American Sports
Athletic directors may register for the summer courses by completing the Summer 2014 registration form that can be found by clicking in the top tool bar: Resources; click on NIAAA LTI Course & Certification Info; and then Summer 2014 LTI Workshop Registration. There’s a $30 savings for an Early Bird registration by Friday, June 13, 2014. After that date, costs per class increase $30.