- Annual Retired A.D. Golf Outing - September 16 at Evergreen Golf Course, Elkhorn Registration Form--Click on Golf Outing under the left Quicklinks
- WADA Vice President Declaration Deadline--October 1, 2014 For more information go to Executive Board in the top tool bar and click on Officer Candidate Information.
- 48th Annual WADA Conference All In--All the Time--All Together" November 8-11, 2014, Kalahari Resort and Convention Center, Wisconsin Dells. NOTE: THE 2014 CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FORM IS AVAILALBE ONLINE AT: wisconsin.athletics2000.com
- KALAHARI RESORT & CONVENTION CENTER--CONFERENCE HOTEL INFOMATION For Kalahari room reservations call 1-877-253-5466 & ask for the Wisconsin Athletic Director Room Block. Inform reservationist of your tax exempt status. IMPORTANT: There is a 30-day cut off for the WADA group room rates. Please make all reservations for rooms on or before October 8, 2014. Reservations & rates are based on availability after this deadline.
- WADA Annual Meeting - November 11, 2014 For the Annual Meeting Agenda and the 2013 Annual Meeting Minutes, click on Annual Meeting under the left Quicklins
WADA CONFERENCE KEYNOTE FEATURED SPEAKERS
KEVIN M. BRYANT, CMAA AND CHRISTI ANDRINGA!
Kevin M. Bryant, CMAA from Portland, Oregon will be the featured keynote speaker at the WADA Conference on Monday, November 9 at 9:00 a.m. Kevin is the President and Founder of Thrive Athletic Consulting, LLC a consulting company focused on encouraging, challenging and assisting high school athletic administrators. Why survive when you can thrive as a HS AD?
Kevin has served as athletic administrator and coach at the high school and college level in the NW since 1987. A former two term President of the Oregon Athletic Directors Association (OADA). Earned his CMAA in 2005 one of the first five Oregon AD’s to do so. Helped write curriculum for LTC 611 and was the national chair for LTC 710.
Motivational speaker, Christi Andringa to headline WADA Annual Conference
- Athletic Director of the Year in Oregon, 2005.
- Received national recognition for work as a interscholastic athletic administrator
- 2007 NIAAA Distinguished Service Award, Nashville TN
- 2009 NFHS Citation Award, Grapevine, TX
- Lettered for four years at Western in men’s basketball ending his career as the schools 2nd all time leading scorer.
- Member of the 1975 Oregon 4A Boys Basketball state championship team at Sunset High School, Beaverton, OR.
Christi Andringa is a motivational speaker, fitness professional, writer and president of Candringa! Productions. By fusing together her business degree, sales and management experience, and passion for fitness, she has created a message that will inspire everyone. She connects the power of both a strong body and strong mind. Christi is a graduate of the UW-Madison Business School, and a nationally recognized mastter fitness trainer. Be ready to be inspired!
WADA SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDED
WADA is proud to announce the award of six, $500 scholarships to graduating high school seniors who plan to continue their education at the post-secondary level. This special scholarship is awarded to children of current WADA members who are presently serving as an athletic administrator in Wisconsin high schools or middle schools. The WADA scholarships will be awarded to the honorees after successful completion of their first semester in college. WADA congratulates:
- Tyler Hammil, graduating senior from Milton High School where his father Brian Hammil is the athletic administrator. Tyler plans to attend UW-Platteville
- Jacob Hirsbrunner, graduating senior from Monroe High School where his father Dave Hirsbrunner is the athletic administrator. Jacob plans to attend UW-Madison.
- Theresa Knutson, graduating senior from Aquinas High School where her father Ted Knutson is the principal and athletic administrator. Theresa plans to attend the University of Connecticut.
- Jenna Sanken, graduating senior from Pittsville High School, where her father Todd Sanken is the athletic administrator. Jenna plans to attend Carroll University.
- Ashley Tanck, graduating senior from Gibraltar High School where her mother, Peggy Tanck is the athletic administrator. Ashley plans to attend Lakeland College.
- Corrine Terpstra, graduating senior from Pepin High School. Her father Barry Terpstra is the athletic administrator at Durand. Corrine is considering attending either UW-River Falls, Winona State University or Chippewa Valley Technical College.
The annual deadline for the WADA scholarship is April 1. For more information on the WADA and NIAAA scholarship process, please view scholarship information found by clicking on Scholarships in the left hand tool bar of the WADA homepage.
WADA FALL CONFERENCE REGISTRATION AVAILALBE ONLINE
Online registration is now available on the new WADA website: wisconsin.athletics2000.com On the homepage, click on 2014 Conference Online Registration. Click on WADA Registration and follow directions.You will find the conference registration, LTI registration, a link to order attendee benefit free gift, and hotel information. There is also a printable form if members want to print off the registration material and mail registration. Online payment can be made by credit card or electronic check. There are deadlines for attendee benefit of Oct 24 and hotel rooms by Oct 8.
WADA State Conference Grant Application
The WADA Board has developed a grant for first time attendees at the annual state conference held in November. To read more about the grant, please click on “Fall Conference” in the left hand tool bar.
WADA Business Sponsorship
Businesses or corporations interested in becoming a WADA sponsor should contact Greg Smith, Executive Director at: email@example.com Those interested in becoming a sponsor for the annual conference held in November at the Kalahari Resort and Convention Center should contact Greg Harvey at: firstname.lastname@example.org
WADA Conference LTI Course Offerings for Credit
Once again WADA is pleased to announce our continued partnership with Edgewood College so that our membership may gain college credit for taking LTI classes AND for attendance at the conference itself. You can earn one (1) credit for each LTI course and up to three (3) credits for attendance at the conference. The three credit opportunity is broken down as follows;
1 credit for registering and attending the conference as verified by the WADA Executive Director/Treasurer.
1 credit for writing a one page "reflection paper" on the conference and sending that to the Executive Director.
1 credit for writing a one page "application paper" on how you intend to utilize something you learned at the conference back at your school. Once again this paper must be sent to the Executive Director.
Retired A.D. Fall Golf Outing
The annual fall golf outing for retired A.D.’s is September 16 at the Evergreen Course in Elkhorn. The registration form can be found by clicking on the Golf Outing under Quicklinks on the left hand side of the homepage and then click on WADA Retired A.D. Golf Outing.
WADA Vice President Elections
The regular election for the position of WADA Vice President will occur at the annual meeting in November. A written declaration of candidacy for Vice President or President must be received by the Elections Chairperson (District 2) prior to October 1 of the election year along with a letter of support for the four-year term commitment (Vice President-President Elect-President-Past President) from the candidates’ administration (principal or superintendent).
Declared candidates will be duly nominated at the Opening General Session of the Annual Meeting of the members. If no declarations of candidacy are received by October 1, additional nominations from the floor at the Annual Meeting of the members will be allowed. At the Opening General Session, each nominee shall be allowed two supporting nomination speeches of no longer than two minutes each.
For information on the duties and responsibilities of the WADA Vice President and other officer positions click on Executive Board in the top tool bar and Officer Candidate Information.
WADA Strategic Plan
To view the WADA Strategic Plan click on “Resources” in the top tool bar and “Strategic Plan.” The plan encompasses areas of operation, certification and professional development, special projects and programs, promotion and retention and finance, revenue and marketing.